The protection and safety of our patients and staff are of paramount importance. With this in mind, please read the following protocol to be assured of our commitment to NMC professional standards and national guidelines to prevent and control the Covid-19 infection rates. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us.
The clinic is now open in line with government guidelines. Treatments and consultations are going ahead in-clinic but we are still offering online video consultations and fulfilling online product orders. If you would like to keep up to date with us and the clinic, please follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
Pro Aesthetics Covid-19 Protocol
- Practice Manager will ensure that all clinical staff will have completed infection control training and certification.
- Practice Manager to ensure that the relevant training includes transmittable infectious diseases module.
- Attending clinical nurse/nursing assistant to be responsible for cleaning all surfaces in contact with the patient after each patient and specifically before each new patient arrives with Thoclor virucidal or similar strength product. Such cleaning will include door handles, external and internal and toilet facilities if used.
- A record of cleaning to be maintained by the lead receptionist and reported to the practice manager at the end of each clinic session.
- An appropriate, out of hours, clinic deep cleaning contract to be maintained during this period, organised and managed by the Practice Manager.
- It will be the responsibility of the clinician in attendance at each clinical session to ensure that the health of the patient is made the first concern for all staff.
- All COVID-19 protocols and other current practice policies must be adhered to.
- Only one patient at a time to be allowed in the waiting area.
- Where appropriate the practice will provide patients with PPE as per PHE guidelines and local best practice rules.
- All patients will be provided with sanitising hand gel on arrival and departure.
- For repeat Obagi customers, where possible, we will deliver prescription-strength skincare products, after a telephone consultation, directly to the patient’s door to minimise patient journeys.
- Clinicians and support staff will wear PPE in keeping with PHE guidelines and best practice local protocols.
- All members of staff should use patient contact opportunities to promote health by reinforcing government guidance on COVID-19.